This course takes you through the PHTA Service Tech Manual and gives you what you need to know to conform to industry standards. After completing this course, the student will have gained a strong understanding of Safety, Pool Circulation and Filtration, Pool Maintenance, and Water Quality; learned about other important topics such as electrical systems, pool structures and finishes, heaters and controls, and customer service; and earned a name for yourself in the pool industry as a maintenance person in the know!
Target Audience: The CMS course is for those new to the pool and spa industry or working a pool maintenance route.
How You Will Benefit:
- Advance your career and earn the in-demand skills employers want.
- Become eligible to sit for the CMS exam.
- Earn 24 CEUs.
What You Get with The Course:
- Eight weeks access to the virtual course
- A copy of the PHTA Service Tech Manual
- The CMS (Certified Maintenance Specialist) Workbook
Course Fee: $573
- Chemical Safety
- Drowning and Accident Prevention
- Electrical Safety
- Filter Safety
- Basic Calculations
- Customer Service
- Legal Considerations
- Troubleshooting Resources
- Basic Water Chemistry
- Chemical Safety
- Pool and Spa Water Sanitizers
- Water Balance
- Water Testing
Structures and Finishes
- Pool and Spa Structures
- Interior Finishes and Repairs
- Spa Shell Repairs
Circulation, Filtration, and Hydraulics
- The Circulation System
- Filter Rate, Efficiency, and Performance
- New Design Considerations
- Basic Electrical Circuit
- Basic Electricity
- Pool and Spa Lighting
Heaters and Optional Equipment
- Gas Heaters
- Heat Pumps
- Chemical Feeders and Generators
- Electromechanical (Pneumatic) Controls
- Understanding Control Systems
- Routine Maintenance
- Seasonal and Special Care
- Startup Procedures
This course is provided through and managed by PHTA. You should receive your login within one week from PHTA.